Friday, June 18, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen, You'll Be Experiencing Slight Turbulence.

So...I'm sitting in the Seattle airport.  I should have only been passing through, but due to 'maintenance' on the airplane headed to Kelowna, my flight was cancelled.  nice.  Truly, I'd rather it have been cancelled BEFORE we took flight than to discover a problem in-flight or be stuck on the plane.  It's possible I'll be sitting here for 10 more hours.  The good news:  Free wi-fi, I'm surrounded by seafood restaurants (I've already enjoyed mahi-mahi fish tacos from Anthony's) and LOTS of people to watch.  I'm sipping coffee in Starbucks with the laptop plugged in (free electricity).   The bad news:  I'll have lost a day visiting with Kim and Donna, and the cream and sugar for my coffee are WAAAY over there.  I don't want to get up.  It's not laziness...my bags are HeAvY!  It's a shame it's too much trouble to leave the airport or I could actually enjoy some of Seattle while stuck here.

'Turbulence' like this can bring out the really ugly side of people.  I had to stand in a really long line at customer service to be put on another flight.  There were only 2 more flights from Seattle to Kelowna today.  People were moaning and groaning about their situation.  What's the point of that?  Seriously...what can be done about it?  What's the point of griping at the ladies behind the customer service counter who had no control over the flight being cancelled?  They were doing the best they could to help everyone.  My suggestion was to bring out the people responsible for the cancellation and make them work the counter so they'd have to listen to the complaining.

I have some pictures for this post, but the cable to my camera is in my suitcase...which is 'I have no idea where' at this moment.  Hopefully it'll be on my flight to Kelowna tonight.

No comments: