Tuesday, September 21, 2010

5 Years Later...

I just now found a note card given to me by the dear lady who led me back to Christ.  It is no accident that I carried it around in the cover of my Bible for 5 years, not having looked at it in probably 3 years, and found it today.

It is dated September, 2005 and reads:

Amy,
Always remember:
"There is nothing - no circumstance, no trouble, no testing...that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me.  If it has come that far, it has come with great purpose, that I cannot understand at the moment; but I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart.  So...no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever alarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is."
Love in Him,
Kelly
(she could not remember the author of the quote)





And so, with this gentle God-sent reminder in the form of a 5-year-old-note card, I am lifting my eyes asking God to not allow me to miss the lesson or the blessing.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love your guts Amy! I love your zest and passion for life. You are a beautiful woman inside and out. I'm honored to call you my friend.