Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Heavy Heart, Thankful Heart



The Thin Blue Line
 




My heart is heavy.
Last night, an Arlington Police Officer was killed.

















My heart is thankful.
Last night, my husband slept in our bed.  Safely.


Jim's real passion at work is teaching officer safety.  Teaching them how to stay alive.  And he is very good at it.  God has given him a gift and he uses it.  He is mindful and aware at all times (even off-duty) of dangerous situations.  However, this does not mean that he can't encounter a situation in which there is no safe way out of.   And I know that.

And so I pray.  Believing that God will bring all of the life-saving techniques Jim has learned to his mind if he should ever encounter a deadly situation.  Having faith that God will protect him while he is protecting others.


Thank you, God, for bringing my husband home safely to me every night.

No comments: