Thursday, December 30, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

These are a few of my favorite things.


I don't really go overboard decorating for Christmas.  The tree is the most important thing to me as it is covered in decorations that have been given as gifts or made by my children.  As we decorate the tree each year, we laugh and remember stories about some of the ornaments.  Like the year Jake thought he was a mouse...he got a mouse decoration.  Or the handmade ornament with a photo of Stephanie as a first grader.  Our tree has somewhere around 100 decorations.  Only 10 of those are ornaments with no significant meaning.  Our tree theme is "These ARE the good ol' days!"

Here are some of my favorite Christmas decorations.



Our First Christmas Together






This  belonged to my mother-in-law.  She gave it to me when she moved.  It's ceramic, missing some lights and the star on the top is broken.  I love it!

Given to me by my uncle.



Our family.

Jim has given me a poinsettia every year we've been together.





One of my favorite scenes from my Christmas village.

Jingle bells on the door.

My parents gave this to me in 1998.  It's one of my favorites.



Handmade ornaments from my kids.  I LOVE these!



When the dog bites...When the bee stings...When I'm feeling sad...I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad.

(I watched The Sound of Music for the first time last week.  Wow, huh?)

No comments: