Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inspiration...

Today the weather finally feels Fall-ish.  And my spirit is finally feeling relieved.  The heaviness of the seemingly unending heat and drought is lifting.  In the coolness of the morning, I'm feeling inspired ~ to bake, paint, sew and write.  To create.  BUT with this new season comes the consequences of the weighty summer...a messy, unorganized kitchen and office/studio that I don't even want to be in.  A too-hot summer of not wanting to do anything has caught up with me.   sigh.

Then I came across this bit of inspiration:

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
William Morris

It is my jumping off point to create the freedom to do the things I love.  I found the quote here.  Jules takes on '31 Days of William Morris'.  Hmmm...

What a great idea!  I'm thinking about all I could get done in the 31 days of October.  And I'm also wondering if I could get past days 14 or 15.  Ha!


Well...here goes!  I'm jumping in.

No comments: