Thursday, November 18, 2010

Funny Face ~ From Tex To Amy Jo

I was the apple of my Grandaddy's eye.  Ask anyone.  They'll agree.
In my world, Grandaddy hung the moon.

I vividly remember Grandaddy's love for music.  Country music.   Lefty Frizzell, Eddy Arnold, Porter Wagoner, Patsy Cline.  Classic, y'all.  (I know he has rolled over more than once for what is called 'country' music these days.)

When I was growing up, there was a Fort Worth radio station called KXOL.  Grandaddy was friends with the djs (you know, back when they were called djs) and he would call the radio station and have songs dedicated to me (back when djs did that sort of thing).  "From Tex to Amy Jo".  In that moment, I thought nobody else in the whole world was as special as me. 

This was his song to me.  It's silly, I know.  But I love it.  And it's MY song.  And when I miss Grandaddy, I play it.  Over and over and over.

No comments: