Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Bonus Blessing Day!

It’s bonus day today.


Friday of the mission trip in Guatemala, I gave the devotional.  God had placed on my heart the concept of the 'ripple effect'.  How everything we do has an effect on others, so let's do good things.  I handed out these rippled-looking tchotchkes as reminders.





Today, while I was sorting through photos and thoughts of Guatemala, there was a knock at the door. I don’t open the door to strangers when I am home alone. I didn’t recognize the vehicle or even the face until I had fully opened the door. I was shocked at myself for opening the door, but even more shocked that he was standing there.

In invited him in and over the course of about 45 minutes, apologies were made for 20 years of hurts, bitterness and anger, and hearts were healed.

God has been working in his life and he stepped out in obedience today, even though he was nervous. Ripples created by others had touched him.

Thank you, God, for this bonus blessing today.





If you are feeling nudged to apologize to someone, please step out in obedience. I have had an issue on my heart for several weeks now, and because this one person followed through today, I realize that I need to do the same.

Ripples.

No comments: